Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Monday, February 1, 2010

Where did I go?

It is the first day of the second month and it makes one wonder as to where exactly the last 31 days have gone. In a haze of job interviews and applications and trials and testings and the seemingly vital personal dramas of others I seem to have lost myself to the ravages of passing time.

But where exactly did I go?

If I am to find myself again, where exactly am I supposed to start my search.

Maybe I should explain myself first. I need to vent, it's as simple as that. At least I think it is simple. It no longer seems fair to expect others to listen, but it needs to be done all the same. One can only bottle for so long before it becomes habit after all - a habit that closes off all openness and imagination.... and I happen to like my imagination thank you very much. Its just a shame that it has decided that now be a good time to desert me. Right when I could use the escape. An escape from the worries and concerns and the uncertainties that seem to plague life and fill the mind to the point of uncomfortableness. Perhaps, in the same way that tears ease the soul, venting out into the void of cyberspace shall ease my mind without driving all around me mad in the process.

I know that I am not alone, and I know that I am not unique. But I am me none the less.

I am me, and this is my mind, and if people out there stumble over this then so be it. If they choose to listen to me vent, if they wish to read the rants and the raves and random ass paths of my over-full head then that is their business. I have no desire to stop them. They are welcome to it.

As long as they are aware that I make no promises to them. I don't promise to make startling discovers of philosophical prose, nor do I promise to shake the foundations of political thought. I can only think as I think and be as I be for I am me, and that is all I know how to be. I do not seek to change the change to world, but only live.... ideally with my thoughts slightly less tumultuous.

No comments:

Post a Comment