Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Monday, May 5, 2014

Beginings

I decided at the end of last year, that in 2014 I would do a reading challenge: 100 books read over the course of the year. This challenge I started doing through the GoodReads website but after finding out that the site had been brought by Amazon, I was leary of leaving my reviews of the completed books on there.

Don't get me wrong, I am still a fan of both Amazon and GoodReads, but I'm still learning. I'm still refining what it means to review something. With a such a large corporate involved, it seemed to increase the need for skill and perfection, and I am not sure I'm ready for that pressure.

So this shall be my practise ground. If nobody reads it, that's fine. If somebody does, that's also fine. At first I'll have to be catching up on the books I have already read this year - I'm already a third of the way through the challenge - but hopefully as I catch up, I'll figure out what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment