Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Thursday, September 10, 2015

Manogamy

Hullo hullo everyone - we all doing okay today? Please forgive any typos that might occur from here on out. Just got a bluetooth keyboard for my shiney new tablet today. I will admit that even though I have had a tablet in the past, it is certainly taking some getting used to not having a laptop to fall back on. Like I said in my very brief update, I caved and broke my buyng ban and bought new technology. It wasnt in the form of a new lap top though.  I went with the option of updating both my laptop and my tablet in one foul swoop and got a fancier tablet.

I love it, dont get me wrong, and I certainly dont regret my decision. Its just that usual learning curve that comes with all these things.

And it wasn't just on tech that I broke my ban. I went into Spotlight on my way home from work yesterday to get another couple of DMC skiens for Eleni and what do you know, they had 50% off all their clearance stock. It would be rude to turn down such offerings would it not?  I didnt get too much, I am still trying to stick with my plan of not buying anything until after christmas


Like I said, not too to much.The travel cases were only $7.50, so I figured i would give them a go - I got two. After all these years  still havn't ever settled on a way of kitting up my wips that I truely love. I've tried the boxes and I've tied zip lock bags and project enelopes and baskets.... all the different ways have had good aspects but nothing has really screamed at me. Plus I'm pretty sure the Man Thing is getting sick of my bobbins perminantly streen across the couch. There is also a couple of key chain blanks thrown in there that were nly a couple of dollars. Might come in handy one day (the cry of stashers and hoarders everywhere).

As the title of this post would indicate and as i iluded to just above, I have only been woring on Eleni these last couple of weeks. Work still hasn't really slowed down, and I dont think that it will now until after the new (as yet to be employed) staff are trained and christmas has been and gone and left us in its dusty wake.  When I get home in the evening, my brain cant really handle much more counting, so I have been settliing down with this behemoth -


- all 880 pages of it, and not really moving until I fall asleep.

A such, only really stitching on the weekends, I havn't really got the fatigue that I usually end up with of working on the same peice constantly. So Eleni has ended up my one love it would seem...


Not the best photo I'm afraid, but like I said, still getting used to the shiney new toy.  Hardley seems as exciting when I'm only working on one thing I'm afraid, but I guess thats just what happens sometimes.

We shall see what happens this weeked with here. I NEED to sit down and finish my course work. The facilitator is coming tto visit next week and I hope to have it all done and handed to hime then. No, not hope, I WILL have it done and handed to him. I'm sick of having it hanging over my head. It'll cut into my stitching time this weekend but it should (in theory) free me up a bit once its done.

Thats the plan anyway, no doubt I will keep you in the loop.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment