Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Finding My Groove

So, I've never really "got" the deal with Heaven and Earth type patterns. Imean yes they are beautiful and yes I own a few but I've only ever made it a half a page in or so before getting frustrated and giving up. I even tried several techniques, several different combinations of fabric size and stitch type and thread count.... Nothing.  Always the same outcome - with is why I have the three UFO'S that I have.

Until now lady's and gents.

I started Stephenie Laws' Winter Labyrinthine story keep on a complete whim and I think I've finally found my "method" for these bad boys. 16 count aida,  two strands of thread full cross, front loop start and waste knot finish to the side. Mix of cross country and parking while working down a column. 

Definatly more than a little bit excited over here. The above picture - just two evenings work!

I did do a little more on my map over the weekend...

But the excitement over this HAED revelation is totally eclipsing that for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment