Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Friday, December 30, 2016

Clumsiness of Brain

Hullo again, I knew there would be something I forgot to mention yesterday.

Or two things.

Point the first - I taught myself to spin. Or at least use a spindle...

My first wee attempt
It is still early days yet, it's no where near being even and I still need to attempt the washing/setting thing. But it was fun and something a bit different for when I need a change.

Just another reason why if money was no option I would retire now (at the ripe old age of 30) - between stitching, reading, knitting, house renovations and now spinning - I just don't have time to work!

The second thing I forgot to mention was that I FINALLY got around to finishing my ORT-aments for 2014, 2015, and 2016. This year's still needs filled with my jar but that'll happen on Sunday.


The empty bauble I found at Lincraft, the ribbons are from stash, as are the Krienik and silver perforated paper and felt that I used for the tags. The font is one I found on Google. Simple little things but I'm happy with them.

I think that was all this time. I have updated the WIP tab above to have starting points for the new year. MIL is in town this weekend, so I doubt there will be much advancement on projects between now and the first.

So until next time - and next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment