Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Friday, March 31, 2017

A Very Busy March

Hullo Hullo everyone,  hope your all good and well. I'm sorry for the absence, but it's been a rather busy month. There's been a trip to Christchurch, a comic expo, a couple of weekends at work, multiple trips to the movies, a library book sale, and a surprise take over of a book club - and not a lot of time spent in front on my tablet. Luckily I've been almost completely monogamous with my stitching so I have something to show.

 I started Angel of Love as a memorial piece for both my grandma's that died last year. Beyond my temperature book mark, that's all I've worked on.



It's stitching up quite fast really - given the lack of time I've had, I'm really happy with it. I am hoping that I have done my math right and will have room at the bottom for names, but that's a while away - though I am planning to work on it this weekend as well. I signed up for the new Passione Ricamo SAL so I would like to get some progress on all that kind of WIP that I've got on the go.

My bookmark is the only exception to my monogamy-  and it's ticking along nicely.



The bigger it gets, the lest concerned I am with the similarities in colours some weeks. I'm thinking it will look good by December.

Reading wise, I've read a lot this month, so I'm not going to go through them all, but I will update the tab up there with my star ratings.

The biggest news is that I have become one of the new moderators for the Stitcher's Book Club on Good Reads. If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out. It's a group for cross stitchers who also love to read. We draw a genre out of a hat and vote on books from there. We have two selections every two months and the three of us new mods are hoping that we can facilitate a lot of really good discussions. This round (starting in May) we've selected out the genre of romance - not my usual option but I'm excited to see where we can take to group in the future.

Short as this is, I'm going to leave it here for now. Easter is coming and I'm hoping I can catch up on every thing then.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment