Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Let it Snow

Last post, I had mentioned that winter had arrived and that hibernation was beginning. I was wrong. Winter arrived last night. With vengeance. Snow and hail and sleet and lightning and gales..... today has been miserable.

So I read.

Read this to be exact


This book reminded me why I love Dean Koontz. Sucking me in from the very first page and keeping the suspense at such high levels that I didn't even notice the Man coming home from work and puttering around the room (think it scares him a little that I can be so oblivious). If, like me, you are terrified of moths, this has the potential to turn into a horror pretty quickly. But luckily I love horror. Beyond that, I'm not going to say anything else about it - would hate to tread unintentionally into the spoiler zone.

Upside, after the annual 24 hour book sale at the local theatre, I'm good for reading material for a while.

All this for only $18 - you gotta love a good bargain. Yes, one of the books it turned out we already had (or at least the Man did), tucked in the back of the temporary bookshelf - but given that most of my things are in storage while we do renovations, I think that's an acceptable mistake to make. Besides, whats a couple of dollars in a fundraiser really.

But on that note, I'm outta here. My stitchy bug has come back tonight, so lets see where that will take me.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment