Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Monday, July 27, 2015

The Colour Purple

And I don't mean the movie. I mean the actual colour.

Hullo lovely people of the internet - I realized last time that I never actually say hullo and that seems a little rude of me some how. How are we all today? It has been a very spring like weekend and I not sure if my mildly loopy mood can be blamed on that or not. At the very least we can blame it for all my customers being in a good mood today and consequently me not coming home angry or frustrated - so win!

Maybe I shouldn't say blame - its not a bad thing in the slightest to have a small taste of spring after a cold cold winter. Even if every one knows that it wont last. August is never nice weather - and its only next week away. How crazy is that! Some one mentioned to me today how many pay days it was till Christmas - and that in itself is a terrifying thought not worth thinking about. At the risk of repeating myself, I never believed my parents as a kid when they told me that time speeds up as you get older. The year seemed to take so long to pass back then. But oh my were they right. 

Not much to report this week. The man has been away all week so I have had piece and quite to get along with things. And as much as I miss him, it has been quite nice to have the house to myself. We currently live in a very small, one bedroom house so it sometimes feels as though we are living on top of each other - I will be glad to have him home at the end of the week.

Him being gone has made me realize one thing though. I need to lose weight. Before I moved to Dunedin, so we are looking at... three and a half years ago now - I lost 25kg. I have always struggled with my weight, and that was such an achievement for me. I finally felt comfortable with myself. But now I have gained it all back. The majority of it since moving in with the man a year ago and letting him prepare all the meals. Not happy about that in the slightest. I wont harp on about it here though, I am debating with my self whether to set one of the pages above for tracking my progress, putting it out in the open for accountability or maybe start a sister blog dedicated to it. I don't know, we'll see. 

That revelation didn't stop me stitching though. I feel like I got quite a bit done with out the distraction of another person watching movies around me. 

I started with Eleni again.


So very much purple. I am really please with how she is looking - and how much I have got done. She was only started a couple of weeks ago after all, and I'm not the fastest stitcher out there. Its also a really enjoyable pattern to work on. I think I will definitely have to investigate others by this designer. But I can't lie. I got really sick of purple.

And since I am apparently insane, instead of grabbing out one of my WIPs to counter act the purple, I started something new.


Just a little freebie sampler from Jardin Prive. Not entirely sure that my fabric is going to be the right size - its 28ct antique white even weave of some description (monaco I think?) - but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I can always jiggle the pattern around to make it fit I guess. Again, just using the DMC conversions floss wise.

That's about all there is for now. Time is about to become precious. Back to 6 day/50 hour work weeks for the next three weeks and I want to start going to the pool again a couple times a week as well as trying to go for a hill work or two each week. Not to mention course work that I still have not done. Oops. 

We'll make it work.

Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment