Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Monday, January 4, 2016

Twice in One Day

Hullo again all. Twice in one day - how crazy is that. It's entirely possible that I'm taking  advantage of he last day before heading back to work. Oh what joy that will be after ten days of stitchy peace.

I would first like to apologize to a couple of you. My tablet decided that I actually was meaning to click when I was swiping and deleted a few comments. I feel horrible for that mistake and would like to thank you all for taking the time to make a comment and I am so sorry that I am technologically incompetent.

Back to business. I finished another piece today. That's seven finishes in the 10 days I've been off work. That blows my mind. And not only was it a finish today, it was a finish of my oldest WIP.

Dragon ABC'S, on an off white 18 count aida, stitched with DMC. I have no idea where the pattern came from. The Internet somewhere I imagine. It was started way back in 2013 when I was trying to get my then flatmate interested in some form of hobby - any kind. She was always complaining that she was bored. If I remember rightly, she wasn't overly amused by my telling her that being bored showed lack of imagine. But even so any attempt she made a anything never lasted any more than a day before the complaints started up again. So I started burying myself in my own (then) forgotten craft.

I know that such a simple piece shouldn't have taken near on three years, but fractional stitches. I really hate fractional stitches. Especially on aida. And this has a whole bucket ton of fractional,  then since I didn't know any better, aida was what it was on.

Procrastination at its finest.

To be fair, I'm not sure how I got it finished today either. Not with the movies we watched. It's been grey and rainy and decidedly unsummer like the last couple of days, so a movie marathon was justified between the two of us. Some of them were bust, but if you like off beat, foreign/indy movies and think pieces then I really highly recommend the four we watched today.
The 100 Year Old Man Who Jumped Out the Window and Disappeared. A hysterically  charming Swedish Forest Gump like tale.
Into The White - a Norwiegen WW2 story about British and German solders helping each other survive after shooting each other out of the sky's
The Sunset Limited - another fantastic Cormac McCarthy adaptation with a cast of two 
And
The Road Within - a road trip movie with tourettes and OCD

Reading subtitles and cross stitching - that takes determination lol.

But it's back to the real world tomorrow and I honestly have no idea what that will bring. Hopefully nothing to stressful. But I guess we shall see. Probably not as many finishes if nothing else. Never mind. I was good while it lasted.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment