Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Ageing Process

There was a sudden moment today where I actually realised that I am getting older. That doesn't mean that I on any normal day that I think that my age does not change, it is more that... I just don't pay any attention to it - I am how I feel and that doesn't really need a numerical label.

But when you bump into one of the kids you used to babysit after not seeing him for a good long while, only to find that you can know look him in the eye without stooping and he is about to start secondary school....  

Well time really is linear I guess. And ever marching forward. I guess this is how my parents feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment