Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Sunday, October 24, 2010

So Worth It

So very very worth it - the first one was good, and while I am usually a little bit sceptical when it comes to sequels (and with good reason - a lot of them are a let down), this one was defiantly a keeper. Paranormal Activity 2 defiantly provided the shocks and starts that it advertised - I rarely react to horror movies it that kind of way, most now are so dependant of visual displays of gore and violence or wonderfully creative cgi master piece monsters. But the subtle play of unseen forces and sudden events... wonderfully creepy!

Concert and a movie - brilliant way to spend a day in count down to NaNoWriMo 2010. Making the most of daylight, sunshine and the outside world while I have a chance. This time next week I, along with thousands of other writers the world over will be gearing up - psyching ourselves up for a month of complete madness. 50,000 words in 30 days. No room for line editing in that margin that is for sure - which is by and far a good thing. And come December first when (not if, I refuse to fail this year) I hold the bones to a novel in my hot little hands to whole process will seem so very worth it.

But the during, between the exams, the job hunting, the plot bunnies running free and the normal November madness.... I shall just spend this week saying my farewells to sleep and a semblance of life for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment