Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Friday, January 20, 2017

*cough cough*

Hullo Hullo everyone, hope you are all well on this rainy Friday evening.

Not as much progress on this end as I could like. My scratchy sore throat turned into the most annoying cough I've had for a while that kept me up all the nights.  Funnily enough that made me a tad tired and made it had to concentrate. But, huge silver lining to that - I spent two nights after work bobinating a pile of floss that I had been ignoring for MONTHS. So winning there, yay,

 I have to admit that it is a little surreal to be full of the cold at the moment. One of my jobs at work this week was to process two crates of these bad boys...



...which you have to admit are the most summery thing you can get (at least I think they are). The cherries are summery, mean while I'm full of the cold, and it's close to snowing out side.... it is truly a bizarre sensation. 

I'm sorry, I always seem to talk about the weather, but it is just so unseasonably cold at the moment.

Your here for the stitching though. Two projects worked on again this week. A little more done on Dalek Victory.



This one I've got sitting next to the bed. When I get home from work, I tend to shower, put on the pj's and crawl into bed - it's warmer and the bedroom gets the afternoon light. Because I ended up bobinating this week, there's only really a little black been added - but progress is progress.

Meanwhile, in the living room, the boarder of doom is finished!!



Really really looking forward to starting in on the filling in on this one. If for no other reason than  to see how the colours turn out. This is the first project that I ever picked out my own colours for. I'm still not 100% sure about a couple of them, but we are soo far past the point of no return, so it'll be interesting to see it taking shape from here on out.

As with the stitching, not much reading got done either. I am still over my aim of 69 pages a day, but I have slowed down a little.

I did finish one book...



This is another between the books novella in the Artifact Hunters series. Probably my least favourite of the series so far, but I think that was more because it followed my least favourite character than any thing else. I did love that it was set in an alternate New Zealand - thats not something I have seen before, which was nice. Overall I gave it 3.75 stars.

The slowing down on the reading is probably due to what I picked up next - Atlas Shrugged, by Ann Rand. I am enjoying it, it's just slow going. I think reading so much 'pulp' fiction, I've lost the nack of reading older  literature. But it's not a race.

Other than that, not much to report. Still a little unwell - getting very sick of coughing. I do have next week off work though, and I am planning to do absolutely nothing, so hopefully the rest will kick the rest of the bugs out.

Fingers crossed.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment