Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Friday, January 13, 2017

Finally, The Weekend

Hullo Hullo everyone, and congratulations on making it to Friday. For a lot of people (though not everyone-  jealous) this was the first full week back at work. And boy did I feel it. I don't know if it was the working last weekend, the Man being on early shift (and the resulting 3am alarm) this week or the sore throat I've had for days. Or a combination of all three. Whatever, I'm glad it's the weekend.

I feel like I got a good chunk of stitching done this week. I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but I'm trying out a new thing this year. At least it's new to me. I'm tracking the time I spend on each project (and reading) to get a rough idea of how long I devote to each - as well as to prevent the past habit of not touching a project for a full year. Or more.

So, according to my handy dandy spreadsheet, this week has been quite productive. I worked on two projects; one older one and one newer.

The newer, and larger of the two being Shakespeare's Fairies by Mirabilla.



I only started this nearer the end of 2016, once my stitch bug had started to return, but I don't quite know what I was thinking when I chose the fabric. It was making me nervous that it wasn't going to be big enough,so I had to work my way to the edge. There's still three columns needed for beads, but it will fit. Just. I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with so narrow a margin, but I'm not frogging nearly a whole half of the piece.

Plus I really like how it looks on the fabric. 

A narrow margin will be fine.... right?

The second project I worked on was a definite oldie - Dalek Victory, dredged out from the dark depths on the box. I don't think I worked on it at all last year. It had been lumped in the "full coverage too hard" basket. But I like full coverage now (go figure).



It's been so long that I have no idea where I got this - beyond somewhere on the interwebs - or who it's by, but I am definitely enjoying it this time around. I am deviating from my ' normal' method though. Because this one is so much smaller, I'm going to give one colour at a time cross country per page a go. Just to see.   

That's all to report for the week. Not sure what the weekend will bring. Supposed to be catching up with a friend tomorrow, but beyond that I don't imagine much will get done. I should prably try and stop this cold from getting worse. Don't won't to be sick for my holiday after all. I have another week at work and then nine days off. Apparently I have too much annual leave owing. But I am definitely okay with that - I plan to be as lazy as possible.

So on that note, until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment