Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ordering 101

It blows my mind on a daily basis that eighty percent of the population find it so difficult to do such a simple thing as ordering coffee:

customer: I'll have a coffee please.
me: sure, what kind of coffee would you like
customer: a white coffee
me: okay, so flat white, latte, cappuccino....?
customer: oh, a latte
me: sure, so was that a small or large?
customer: a medium
me: small or large?
customer: medium (they are getting irritated now)
me: I'm sorry, we only have small or large
customer: fine, large

I can understand it, if your in a cafe that has specialty drinks, but in a bakery? I had this conversation not just once, but at least half a dozen times today. And probably will tomorrow as well. Is it really so hard just to ask for a large latte straight off the bat?

No comments:

Post a Comment