Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Terrible Person

Like the title says, a terrible person - that is what I am. Some times I get so distracted by what is going on around me that I forget to take the time to clear my thoughts. Its an endless cycle really. A full head leads to being more easily distracted which leads to a fuller head.... 

I should know better. I caught myself getting insanely irratable at my customers today. Never a good sign.

Although, in my defense, customers are the bain of every customer service job ever. I am a firm believe that 90 percent of supposed bad customer service stems from bad customer behaviour. But I digress.

 I am moving again. Some times I wonder if I will ever settle down and find a place that I can truly call home. This will be one step closer I think, but still not quite there. The other half has bought the house that he has been living in since uni and has asked me to live with him. In that respect, it is closet to having a 'home' than I have ever been. It is also a situation that is so full of firsts that the excitement is equally balanced with fear. It'll be the first time that I have ever lived with a boyfriend, all be out first house, our first mortgage, our first try at renovations, and out first property towards our goals of property mogul-ship.... I am under no illusions that this is going to be easy.

As a consequense, I think that my head is going to remain relatively full for a while to come. So, I really really need to make a conscious effort here. Everyday until it becomes habit, even if what I have to say is of no importance, it needs to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment