Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Meaning of Life

It is the oldest quest of them all; the search for the meaning of life. Why are we here, who or what put us here....

There are so many different faiths, so many religions and superstitions, so much history. I know there has to be more to this life, to this world than we are willing to believe. Voodoo, Hoodoo, Vaudin, Tarot, Wicca, Christianity, Islam, folklore.... there must be some truth to them. Some basis of reality that brings people to beleive.

There are too many traditional stories from too many corners of the world that have too many similarities for there to be no fact in them - no matter how small, or even microscopic that fact may be. There is some variation of almost wvery basic myth on almost every continent - stories that are so old that when they were first told there was, not only no contact between them, but no knowlege that they existed.

I'm rambling.

I just feel that there is something more. And, like the generations that have come before me, I want to know what that "more" is.

I want to believe that ghosts are real and magic is real and that there are creatures and gods and forces out there that we have absolutly no knowledge of.

But which ones do were beleive it? It is all well and good to say.... find religion - but which one?

I find it had to beleive that Christianity - one of the youngest religions is the way to go. I have nothing against the millions of people that do follow it - everyone needs something to beleive in.

But I still think there is something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment