Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day

There was defiantly a lull into a false sense of security that had been happening, I think. A 4.9 aftershock today while I was at work - the first really big shake in a good while. And the first that I had experienced in a very public place - the ones at uni don't really count.

It got the heart racing that is for sure.

Lucky the mall where I work wasn't that busy. Well, except for all those people lining up for the jewelry store. I mean I know why I was at a mall at 6.30am on a boxing day, but to willingly stand out side of a store until it opens at 10.... I will never understand some people. Surely the bargains cant be that good.

But the day has marked a kind of... almost turning point. Two full weeks on the bake shift and my routines are starting to form and I am starting to get the hang of it all. 5am doesn't seem quite so horrible any more and I am no where near as tired when I get home any more. I am starting to feel that my writing can once more become a very real achievement for me. I was starting to feel a little guilty neglecting it the way I had been. I had been on such a roll in November and while I defiantly don't begrudge that I have a job that now takes up my day (and I defiantly don't, I had been searching for one for so long that it is a relief to have one, let alone one that I enjoy), I have missed the flow of words.

With the progress of my driving lessons and the settling into the new job, everything seems to be coming together. By the end of February I should hopefully be in a new house, I will have a car (thanks Dad), be working full time and sometime within the next week or so I AM going to start writing again.....

2011 is going to be a good year. I can feel it.

So much better than 2010 was. I will no longer be a burden on anyone. I will no longer be looked down upon by parents (or at least I wont be around to see it if I am) and it will be the birth of a whole new me with the help of my 'to acheive' list. I am looking forward to it. To be able to attend the traditional boxing day BBQ and actually have things to report... there is a comfort in that I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment