Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Friday, December 10, 2010

Day Two and I'm Still Alive

My first two days of my new job and though my back hurts, I'm dehydrated (my own fault), tired and still don't know how I am going to get over that side of town for 6 in the morning - I couldn't be happier.

Obviously I am no where near proficient and still have much to learn but the people are great (even if they all tell me different ways of doing the same thing) and there is something satisfying about being busy all the time. That feeling I guess will fade sooner rather than later but after months of idleness it is a nice change. Besides, I am learning and as Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "every artist was first an amateur". Not that I hold aspirations of becoming any form of artist at this job, but the principle still remains.

Not only is there the new job, but the driving schools have been booked, Dad has agreed to lend me money for a car interest free and every thing seems to falling into place. I almost want to look over my shoulder to wait for the other shoe to drop - but I deserve this damn it. I deserve to have things going right for me for a change so I am not going to second guess this. Second guessing can only lead to the creation of self fulfilling prophecies and I can't have that.

It is enough to give one the warm fuzzies...

No comments:

Post a Comment