Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Facebook

I don't see the point in Facebook.

I have not joined up, nor do I have any intention of joining up and yet people still ask me when I will do so. But the simple reply of 'never' seems to always gain argument.

I just don't see the point in it. It is not as though there is any shortage of ways for people to get hold of me. I have two email addresses, a blog, various websites that I am a member of, a mobile phone, a home phone, instant messenger, a work place in a public locale..... why on earth does another thing have to be added to the list?

Sure you can spy in on what people from your past are doing - but they are people from the past. Obviously they became such for a reason other wise they would still be in ones life. And if people are far away and wanting to keep in touch well there is email.... or heaven forbid a good old fashioned snail mail letter or post card.

Do people even still remember what they are??

Oh how times change.


No comments:

Post a Comment