Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gratitude

Ever since I was a child I have been the one responsible for the cooking, the cleaning and the yard work. I pay board and I care for the dog; my bills are payed on time, I don't over spend, I say please and thank you and am polite as a general rule. I am never late... okay so I swear - but never in front of customers, children or the elderly. I've never been arrested, I know the value of the dollar and I stand on the bus for those that need the seat more no matter how tired I am or how much I am carrying...

I have been independent and reluctant to accept charity since I was seven, and am not afraid to show thanks when I do accept help or a gift.

And yet somehow I am ungrateful?

I don't understand. Yes, I may come across a little selfish on here - but not ungrateful surly. Besides, its my blog - my venting space. Its allowed to be egocentric right?

Maybe I just shouldn't have let the brief period of the mother acting like a mother lull me into a false sense of security... I forgot how much the silence can hurt.

A word of advise - to anyone who cares - the silent treatment creates more wounds that run far deeper than any argument has a hope of achieving. Especially when coming from a parental figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment