Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Passing Tests with Jealousy Involved

I can now legally drive a motor vehicle all by myself. Sure I don't exactly have a car right at this moment - but that is a minor technicality. I have a drivers license. It is something that many (myself included some days) doubted would ever happen...

Well stuff all them.

I did it. And it is only a matter of time before I no longer have to rely on others to get to work, or buses on the way home. It is only a matter of time - a short amount of time at that before my working day will be shorter just by the shear omission of traveling time.

Oh that will be a good day. To have that escape mechanism at my fingertips.

Escape and freedom.

Freedom to catch up with old friends - no matter what their wives may have to say about it.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion is it not? Especially when it is unfounded. It does do wonders to the ego however. There is just something about knowing that another is concerned about what you may do...

Though reading that last statement back, I realise that that sounds a little petty and cold. I don't mean it like that in the slightest. I have no designs whatsoever in interfering in anothers marriage - I am happy for him really - as long as he is happy. Sure, I can wish that I got along his new wife better, or that I had a chance to get to know her.. but that is the way that life flows. I can but be happy for my friends in their happiness and pick up the pieces in their sadness.

But there is nothing more to it than that. Perfectly innocent.

How often is that the case - that jealousy is completely unfounded and a waste of emotion. Probably quite often I would imagine. Which is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment