Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Twelve hours into a new year - into 2011 - and I have learned a very valuable lesson (and one that I never wanted to come): I am getting too old to pull off the sleepless stretches of more than 24 hours with the same ease as I used to be able to. It saddens me to admit that I actually am starting to need sleep - but there is the truth. Long gone, it would seem, are the days of getting by with power naps in between long stretches.

Ahh well.

And I guess no matter my protestations, it was bound to happen. As someone pointed out to me last night, I and the majority of my friends have lived to see four different decades now. We may only be in our 20's but the very idea of having seen four separate decades - four separate periods of history (the 80's, 90's, Naughties and now) - is kind aging on ones mind.

But that's a part of life is in not?

Plus I probably wouldn't have noticed as much if the sun had actually rose, rather than being covered by clouds to create no more than a general lightning of the sky. It was slightly anti climatic - especially when I woke up a few hours after I finally slept to find brilliant blue sky and the sun streaming in my window.

Talk about Murphy's Law.

Done is done however, and that is an item crossed off the formidable list. A good feeling by any standard. Now onward  with the rest.

And onward with the sleep. I was going to finish my spring cleaning, but maybe I'll go back to bed instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment