Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

2 Down, 28 To Go

Day two of NaNoWroMo 2010 and all goes well. It is amazing what a good system of organised plotting and logging can do. Motivation is all laid out before you.

Last year I tried to fumble my way through the process - I was cocky. I had a good idea so how hard could 50,000 words be really? Turns out more so that one might think. It's not a matter of writing bits here and there and hoping for the best. You need goals and motives and schedules...

I have that this year. I have a log spreadsheet with my daily goals and daily word count. I have my plot mapped out, I have my characters bio'd and new worlds created...

And as a result I have over 8,000 words towards my finished product. Well, maybe not finished product- but a finished rough draft at the very least. I know that there are people that can write while flying from the seat of their pants, but this seems to be working for me.

At least so far - two days is hardly the basis for conclusive evidence. But I have a good feeling about this. It would be nice if I could have the same kind of confidence about the other aspects in my life, but of this - this little thing - I have control. I am in control and I can direct success.

In this one thing at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment