Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Friday, November 12, 2010

Sunny Days Part II

I had thought yesterday that the sunny automatically negated negative moods. That could have been over simplifying a point. Things can get to you, especially when someone (such as a parent) who is suppose to be unconditionally supportive adds to the already existent feelings of worthlessness. I am usually a fairly confident and self assured person, but after a year of job searching and constant rejection even the strongest of minds start to wear down.

Criticism isn't as easy to just let slide anymore -especially from someone so close; someone close enough to know better.

But then again I guess that knowing me isn't and hasn't ever been my families strong suit. Stranger that happen to share a group of genes. I have always been of the opinion that we all have two families - the one that we are born into and the one that we surround ourselves with voluntarily. I am just lucky that my chosen one understands me in ways that my birth one couldn't even begin to comprehend.

They defiantly understand the need for retail therapy. Even on a beautiful sunny day.

They also understand the rarity of me buying a dress - a dress!! To not only buy a dress but to be excited about such a thing. And I don't care what anyone says - just because it is a summer dress doesn't mean that black is a bad colour for it. I like black and black likes me - that is not a crime. Not everyone can suit colour after all. It would be boring if we all wore the same anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment