Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Startling Revelation

I was just reading a book, minding my own business and getting nicely lost in a world that doesn't exist. Sometimes it is nice to do such things on a Saturday night rather than trawl through the drunken masses.... Any way, I was reading and all of a sudden it hit me. Out of the blue and with such violent force than my breath actually caught in my throat, it hit me.

I'm in love with my best friend.

I wasn't even thinking about him at the time. But there it is, in cold hard pixels.

And now I cant stop thinking about it. When I see my future I see him in it. And it's beautiful and it's perfect and its ever lasting. And it is entirely fictional - and always will be.

I cant tell him, that much is clear. No matter how day-time drama that notion is; I know him and I'm not even close to being the type of woman he goes for. Besides, he's in my life now - importantly and majorly. It wouldn't do to break that bond over something so tenuous as love.

It will be far better to keep the link alive as it stands now and banish this ridiculous notion from my mind. Now that it is out there, in the open and out of my head, that should be achievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment