Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Monday, November 15, 2010

Half Way Point

Day fifteen of NaNoWriMo today. All things considered I am doing well. I am yet to drop below the recommended total, sitting just over 29K... but the words are starting to dry up. Other things are starting to become more interesting or more important and I can feel the pangs of procrastination kicking in once more.

But then that is the point isn't it? To build discipline.

Any skill is going to have good days and bad days. The bad ones just have to be worked through. But that knowledge doesn't make the task any easier.

It's funny, since I started this whole have daily goals thing my sense of achievement has become more acute. If my goals for the day don't get reached, I feel like I have let someone down. And I suppose I am - me. So as a result, today, with one hour forty minutes left of the day and the writing goal not met, I am disappointed. It doesn't matter that the hair finally got cut, that I relocated the really good hairdresser, that I organised a job interview for Wednesday or that I made up twenty six owls for Mums fair stall, caught up with Dad (probably should have done that sooner since he was made redundant two weeks ago and I never knew)...

Somehow I need to find some form of equilibrium for my thinking.

Maybe its the aftershocks of the last couple of days messing with me. Though it seems slightly unfair to blame everything on the earth.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day after all. Perhaps my words will come back with a little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment