Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be attained only by
someone who is
detached
SIMONE WEIL


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Creature of Habit

Is it possible for dogs to have OCD? If it is I'm sure that my dog has it.

Among other things (don't even get me started on the ritualistic pee cycle that you could set a watch to, the 5pm spazz out, the need to drink in threes and the ever growing list of fears), Misha has a blanket that sits on the end of my bed that he likes to sleep on in the mornings. A purple polar-fleece thing that he claimed as his own at a very young age - not that I minded overly, it stops him from going on my sinful (both in feel and expense) sheets. So this blanket usually sits on the bottom corner of my bed, waiting patiently for him and that is where he likes it, with just the right about of nesting to it. But I was changing the sheets on my bed earlier and naturally, all the blankets where thrown on the floor temporarily. Misha, bless his little heart chose that moment to come and investigate only to find his precious on the floor and not in it accustomed spot.

Oh you should have seen his face. For something so small and furry it is definitely expressive. He looked at the blanket, honestly glared at me then looked between the blanket and the bed before attempting to move it himself. Bearing in mind here, that he is a 6 kilo Bichon-Pekingese cross, and the blanket is the size of a double bed... Needless to say, he didn't get far.

He continued tugging until I finished making up the bed and folded his blanket back in its corner. He has been sitting there ever since, watching me - and I just know he is thinking 'I'm not moving so you can't take my blanket away again.' But for the sake of clean sheets I guess I am willing to deal with his bed-hog tendencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment